Friday, June 5, 2009

National Doughnut Day



Well, I just couldn't stay away from blogging for the entire week. I found out that this happens to be National Doughnut Day, and several chains are offering free doughnuts! I figured that was news-worthy enough to come off my break for a moment. I will actually be driving home today to make it back for Kalia's soccer game tomorrow...so I think one of our little stops will have to be a doughnut shop. Yummmmm.

This is completely off the subject - but I usually dread long drives...or anything over an hour, anyway. Well, not today! I have three new CDs for the ride, and they're really good! One is a Pink Martini CD for me, and two are for Kalia - but they're fantastic! I found Jewel's Lullaby CD, and just love her version of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I kind of bought the Ziggy Marley CD for Kalia and Randy, because he is the biggest Bob Marley fan you will ever meet. Ziggy is Bob's son, and happens to have a new CD called Family Time. Jack Johnson accompanies him in one song, as well as Laurie Berkner, and a few other famous musicians. It's a great kid CD, and I'm always looking for child-appropriate music for the car. Well, I'm off to celebrate Doughnut Day!

Image: Just a Temporary Measure

No comments:

Post a Comment