Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fragonard Fan

The first photo reminds me of the painting by Jean-Honore Fragonard, and I'm sure that's what the photographer intended to recreate. I would say it was a success! The Express at the mall in my hometown has a huge mural of The Swing painted in the front window. The other painting by Fragonard is one that I found a little copy of at an Antiques shop a long time ago, and I saw a much larger version in a magazine photo. I always wished that mine was a bit bigger. Well, I hit a little Antiques mall in Florida one day, and there it was! I looked at the price tag, and was sure there was some kind of mistake. For only $15, I lugged it on the airplane, and felt like everybody was staring at us. I think it looks like a pricey painting from a distance. When I researched the artist, I found Fragonard, and was pleasantly surprised to find that he was also responsible for The Swing. I guess you could say I'm a Fragonard fan!


(Of Stars and Butterflies)


The Swing - Jean-Honore Fragonard


A Young Girl Reading - Jean-Honore Fragonard

No comments:

Post a Comment