Monday, February 23, 2009

Peekin' on Pickin' - Kalia's Room


Yes! I Love pillows. You can never have too many!

This was one of my very first "antique" finds. I found a set of two, and I still love them!

I found my daughter's nightstand at a flea market in Illinois.

This chair was a hideous color of pink (and I love pink!), so I had it reupholstered in a minty green toile.

A kindred spirit (as Anne would say) introduced me to Huldah Cherry, and I love her paintings in my daughter's bedroom. When I was pregnant, I found one with a mother and daughter, so that one holds a special place in my heart.

I just wanted to include a better angle of the chair!

My mom actually tried to talk me out of this bucket at a flea market, but I just knew I had to have it. I'm so glad I followed my heart on this one! We used to use it for diaper storage.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's so fun to visit a friend's home for the first time, and get a little tour of the place! Every once in a while, I would love to be able to peek inside "real" homes here on Pickin' Cute...and I thought we could start with mine. I chose to share my daughter's room first, since it's probably my favorite. Come on in!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, definitely kindred spirits:) I love the picture of Kalia's pillows on her bed...it looks like it should be in a magazine. I'm glad that your mom wasn't able to talk you out of buying the painted vintage bucket. If you ever grow tired of it, then you know where you can find it a happy home:)

    ReplyDelete