Thursday, September 3, 2009

House Tour Thief

Our little trip to Chicago was short and sweet, and since our return, it feels like our peaceful summer has come to an abrupt halt! This week has been insanely busy, and I don't think I'll be catching my breath until the middle of next week - when school begins. I really missed blogging the last few days, but took a very necessary break. I am super excited about sharing my teacup collection with you next week, and hopefully a few reader collections will soon be appearing in my inbox!

Now, about my stolen house tour...

I ran across Jerusalem's sweet blog a while back, and have been wanting to share the house tour that she prepared for Cookie - with you all. So, for those of you who follow my little life or Cookie's nesting blog - I apologize for the house tour repeat, but it is SO worth sharing with the rest of you! I would encourage you all to check out Jerusalem's blog and etsy shop.



I love how she uses vintage maps throughout her home, and did you notice the hangers she used to display art, in the photo on the right?!



There are five things I would like to point out from this particular photo - the dress, the vintage hankies on the lampshade, the pink luggage rack, the vintage typewriter, and the map. Great finds, Jerusalem!



Don't you love the banner on the fireplace? You can purchase similar items from her etsy shop.



I love the red door against the delicious wall color. It reminds me of this.



LOVE the globes and hot air balloon display!



I really like the map, candlesticks, lamp, window treatment, and bench.



Hooray for mismatched chairs!



I want that cute "BAKE" sign hanging in the window.



Great use of color! I'm adoring the display on the right. So pickin' cute!



It feels like there is a lot of love in this post, but I LOVE layers of bedding and pillows. Her master bedroom looks so inviting.



Look at her boys' room! The window treatments are fabulous, along with more layered bedding, and great pendants. This is a boys' room I will definitely keep on file! Click here to see the original tour.

Images: my little life / nesting

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE Jerusalem! ..she is a total sweetie, and her house is SO much fun!!! So comfy, cheerful and inviting!! I wish she lived next door!! LOVED the lil tour!! :)

    And thanks so so much for popping by my tiny corner of blogland! And for your kind words! Of course! I'd be honored to be featured here on your fab blog! Feel free to browse my flickr...and if you need some pics emailed to you...just ask!! :)

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/holiday_jenny/sets/

    Keep the eye candy coming!
    Love from the Jersey Shore!
    xoxo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute, charming space :) I really love the idea of carrying maps & globes throughout all the rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you, Jenny! I'm so excited to check out your flickr photos, and I'll probably try to do something with it next week. I enjoy reading your blog posts - and I really do love your art!

    Down Pillow - Isn't that a great idea?! She has some great vintage pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it all!!! She has great style!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the super sweet love!! I have been sick as can be the past 2 weeks and seeing this today while I am catching back up on all my blog reading made my day!!! SO sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your place is SO cute, Jerusalem! I'm glad it made your day, and I hope you can rest up over the long weekend. Thanks for allowing me to use your photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like your these photos its really fabulous and cute designs, your interior in this blog is very great , thanks for allowing me in your blog .
    vertical blinds nottingham

    ReplyDelete